This article will show you how to create eBay Listing Settings within ChannelUnity.
If you are looking for an article that shows you how to edit pre-existing eBay settings, please click here.
Or if you are looking for an article that shows you how to edit eBay Shipping Settings, please click here.
First click on: Setup > Listing Settings. This should then bring you to a screen that looks like this, from here you will need to click on "Create New Listing Settings"
This will then bring you to a screen that looks like this. Using the "Please select your marketplace" drop down, you will need to select the eBay account you wish to create the listing settings for - in this example; we are creating listing settings for ebay.co.uk. You will then need to click "Continue":
The next screen will look like the below. Here you will need to enter a title for your listing settings for your reference. For example, if you are using the listing setting to differentiate the postage costs between items that are eligible for free shipping, we would recommend that you use "eBay UK - Free Shipping" or something similar in the title field.
Title - The next screen will look like the below. Here you will need to enter a title for your listing settings for your reference. For example, if you are using the listing setting to differentiate the postage costs between items that are eligible for free shipping, we would recommend that you use "eBay UK - Free Shipping" or something similar in the title field.
Listing Duration - This drop down list displays the listing durations that are available on eBay. Please be aware that certain categories do not accept longer listing durations.
Item Location - The location from which your item is shipped, the town of city is all that is required in this field, "Stoke-on-Trent" or "Miami - Florida"
Use eBay catalog - Selecting this option uses eBay's catalog data if your item matches an item found in eBay's Data Catalog
Postal code - The postal or zip code from which your item is shipped, this is so eBay's "Sort By Location" feature can work correctly.
Domestic & International Shipping
The Domestic and International Shipping settings mirror the information eBay requires to determine how you would like your items shipping options to be created in eBay.
Title - This will already be ppre filledfrom when you updated this on the Listing tab.
Max Dispatch Time (days)* - This value needs to reflect the number of days it usually takes you to dispatch your items. Please note that selecting "0" for this field means your items will be despatched on the same day as ordering.
Locations to Exclude - Please select locations that you are not willing to ship to, even if they are in one of your shipping regions. To select multiple options or deselect an option, hold down CTRL (Windows) or ? (Mac) when clicking.
Ship To Locations - An international location or region to which you are willing to ship, regardless of shipping service. To select multiple options or deselect an option, hold down CTRL (Windows) or ? (Mac) when clicking.
Shipping Type - Although this field cannot be left blank, the value entered here must reflect how you have set up your Domestic and International shipping in the previous two tabs. You can read more on our Domestic and International Shipping settings here:
Title - This will already be prefilled from when you updated this on the Listing tab.
Payment Methods - What payment methods would you like your customers to pay by? To select multiple options or deselect an option, hold down CTRL (Windows) or ? (Mac) when clicking.
Instant Payment - Please select this option if you require instant payment? Applicable only for PayPal method.
Linked Paypal Account - The PayPal account where you would like customers payments to be processed to.
Payment Instructions - Information such as: how soon the item will shipped, feedback instructions, and other reminders that the buyer should be aware of when they bid on or buy an item
Once you've filled out all your appropriate Listing Settings, click the green "Save" icon, and that's it! Your Required listings have been created.
This part of the article will show you how to create your Optional fields for your eBay Listing Settings within ChannelUnity.
To edit an existing listing setting please click on: Setup > Listing Settings. This should bring you to a screen that looks like this:
Return Policy - Here you will need to copy and paste your standard returns policy text. If you do not have a standards returns policy, we've provided the below for as an example reference (text in square brackets can be tailored to fit your company).
Thanks for shopping at [My Site]. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we're here to help.
You have  calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Your item must be in the original packaging. Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
Once we receive your item, we will inspect it and notify you that we have received your returned item. We will immediately notify you on the status of your refund after inspecting the item. If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are nonrefundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, contact us
Returns Within - The amount of time after a sale which you are willing to accept returns for. This can be set to either 14, 30, or 60 days.
Who pays Return Shipping? - Please choose who pays postage on returned items. Please note that some eBay categories limit this to "Seller pays return postage"
Here you can inflate or deflate your price that we are reading from the price field we have mapped (read more on our product field mapping here).
Examples of features and functions here:
- To inflate the price by 10%, you simply need to input "10" in the Price Percentage Inflation field. You do not need to put a percentage symbol (%) at the end of this.
- To deflate the price by 10%, you simply need to input "-10" in the Price Percentage Inflation field. You do not need to put a percentage symbol (%) at the end of this.
- To inflate the price by a currency amount (in our case GBP as we are working on an eBay UK account), you simply need to input "10" in the Price Amount Inflation field. You do not need to put a currency symbol (£) at the start of this.
- To deflate the price by a currency amount (in our case GBP as we are working on an eBay UK account), you simply need to input "-10" in the Price Amount Inflation field. You not need to put a currency symbol (£) at the start of this.
- Read Prices From Field - If you would like to use a different product field as the price for products using this listing setting template, choose which field to use. If not set, the default setting will be used.
- Price Units - If you are using the field above, please select your currency units here.
Buyer needs a PayPal Account - Buyer must have PayPal account in order to be able to purchase this item.
Minimum Feedback Score - Block bidders who don't meet this minimum score
The Inventory Tools section, allows you to "mask" the quantity that we are reading from your quantity field before we update the cart.
- "Maximum Quantity to Advertise" - Will advertise this number of items in stock, until the number is reached, then it will begin to reflect the true stock value again. For example if this value is set to 5, but you have 10 in stock in your store, we will update Amazon with the stock level of 5, until your actual quantity is 4, then we will show the availability as 4, then 3 and so on until the item has sold out.
- "5, and you have 10 in stock in your store, we will will continue to list and sell through as usual until your stock reaches 4, and then the item will then no longer list on Amazon.
- "Projected Stock Level" - Will advertise this number as in stock when your level reaches zero. For example if you set this value to 5, but you have 10 in stock on your store, once those 10 true value stock items have sold out, we will continue sell 5 more.
Default Condition - The default condition of the products you are selling, unless a condition is specified in the individual product, which will override this setting.
- Condition Description - Describe the condition of your item, note that if the condition is new, this field is ignored
- Get It Fast - Please check this box if your item is available as a "Get It Fast" option.
- Private Listing - Please check this box if you would like you would like your item to be a Private Listing
- Use Tax Table - If enabled, your tax table is to be used when applying and calculating sales tax for an order line itemUse Domestic Shipping Rates
- Use Domestic Shipping Rates Table - If enabled, this option will override all of your Domestic shipping settings within this template and will instead use the Domestic Shipping Rates Table from your eBay Account
Use International Shipping Rates Table - If enabled, this option will override all of your Interational shipping settings within this template and will instead use the Domestic Shipping Rates Table from your eBay Account
- Skype Contact - Your Skype contact details if you use Skype for customer services.
- VAT rate to apply - The percentage rate of VAT to add to the listing.
- Use Image Gallery (EPS) - Use eBay picture services to show image gallery at the top of the listing page. This option could cause additional fees and product feeds will take longer to upload.
- Enable Gallery Zoom (Supersize) - Enable larger preview of the gallery images. This option could cause additional fees.
- Add Products To Secondary Category - Allow listings to be assigned to not just a primary eBay category, but a secondary category too
- Disable Variations - Do not create multi-variation listings on eBay even if the category supports it
- Automatically Enlarge Images - ChannelUnity will automatically enlarge images before uploading to eBay
Our Offers tab allows you to enable settings to list your items with eBay's "Best Offer" feature.
Allow Best Offer - Select this to enable the "Best Offer" feature. Without this selected, any rules applied below will not have an effect.
Auto Accept Offer Price - The price at which Best Offers are automatically accepted. If a buyer submits a Best Offer that is above this value, the offer is automatically accepted by the seller. This price will be read from a field in your cart.
Auto Decline Offer Price - Specifies the minimum acceptable Best Offer price. If a buyer submits a Best Offer that is below this value, the offer is automatically declined This price will be read from a field in your cart.
Promotional Shipping Discount - Whether to offer the promotional shipping discount for the domestic shipping services of the listing (only applicable if you have a promotional shipping discount in effect at the moment).
Once you've completed all these settings as required, you will simply need to click the green "Save" button.