This article will show you how to connect your ChannelUnity account to your Magento store. As this article is not illustrated when viewed in ChannelUnity, we recommend viewing it directly in : Our Knowledge base article (Right click and open in new tab)
1. Login to your ChannelUnity account at http://my.channelunity.com/account and go to Setup > Online Stores. This will take you to the screen below. On this screen, you will need to click on the "Connect another online store" button.
2. The next screen will display the current carts we support. In this case you will need to select the Magento shopping cart.
3. The next screen will then give you the option to select the Magento Extension Key for the version of Magento that you're using. Copy one of these to your clipboard. Then click "Next" in the top-right corner. For clarity, here are the extension keys:
Magento Connect 1.0 Extension Key:
Magento Connect 2.0 Extension Key:
At the time of writing, the 2 Magento keys were unavailable on Magento's site. Therefore the module may need downloading from below:
You can also download the module directly from: http://www.channelunity.com/plugins/cu-magento-module.zip
You will now be asked to enter your Store URL. This does not need to be done right now, instead you will need to login to your Magento admin.
4. You will now need to navigate to your Magento admin panel and go to System > Magento Connect > and then click on Magento Connect Manager.
Or go to your website/downloader to jump straight to the login page to the downloader screen.
5. Login with your Magento details on the next screen, and then on the following screen, paste the Magento Extension Key from your clipboard into the field "Paste Extension Key to Install".
Or if working with the downloaded module folder: Unzip the file locally then copy it to the Magento root using an FTP client and move to step 6.
If you have the Magento compiler enabled, please disable it before installing the module. (You can re-enable it after installation).
6. Back in your Magento account, you will need to click on: System > Configuration. On this screen you will see the ChannelUnity settings over on the left hand side, you will need to click on the ChannelUnity link that isn't in uppercase. In the "Merchant Name", "User Name" and "Password" fields, you will need to enter the details used when signing up with ChannelUnity, please leave the "API Key" field blank. You will then need to click the "Save Changes" icon on the top right hand side of the page.
If you get a 404 error when trying to visit the ChannelUnity settings page, log out of Magento and log back in, and try again.
7. Now go back to the ChannelUnity window you have open. On this screen paste the URL of your store's homepage (e.g. http://incubator.channelunity.com/magento/) and then click next. You will then see the following confirmation messages, and that's it! Your Magento store has been connected.